Tuesday, April 22, 2014

When Childhood Dreams Come True

Confession time, I have had a running bucket list since I was five years old. I don't know if its normal for a five year old to have a bucket list but I did. As years have passed I have continually added and crossed off things on my list, but as a five year there was only one thing, see The Broadway production of The Lion King. Oh you think i'm exaggerating but sadly I am not. Disney's The Lion King came out when I was two years old. I have grown up watching this movie and to say I was am obsessed with it is an understatement. As a kid I could not only quote every line in this movie and sing along with every song, but I would also act it out. And no matter how many times I watched it during that one part (you know what part i'm talking about) I would shout at the TV for someone to save Simba, hoping that this time the film would magically change and Mufasa would live. Although this never happened my childhood dream of seeing the show live and on stage finally came true this past Friday!

My 3rd b-day, look closely & you can see Simba & Pumba on my cake
My mom and dad "surprised" me with tickets for my birthday & by "surprise" I mean I found out at Christmas because my dad is really bad at keeping secrets. So after four long months of waiting the day finally arrived and I was as excited as a little kid going to Disney World for the first time. I seriously started giggling as the first note from the Circle of Life pierced through the Theater, and I may or may not have been one of those obnoxious people that sang along. Oops.. 


posing with Mufasa


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...