Friday, April 24, 2015

81 Reasons to Come to Laos

On Tuesday I finally told my students that I wouldn't be coming back to Laos next year. I have since regretted my decision to leave approximately a thousand and one times since then (tears were included with that regret). Telling them was the worst. I didn't want to do it, because I knew they were going to be upset. I was right. They begged me not to go and tried to trick me into promising them I would stay. It was everything in me not to change my mind right then and there.

Despite being upset they were still the funny sassy students I love. I promised them I would come visit them before they graduate then one asked if they could all come visit me in America. Before I could answer another replied, "Whose going to pay for that plane ticket?" The students broke out into laughter but sadly the student is right, it's up to me to come visit them. (So if anyone wants to donate to my new send Dani back to visit Laos fund, let me know) 

Other favorite comments from that day were "Teacher as long as you don't pass away I believe we will see each other again in the life." Optimism at its finest right there. Another student promised me this "Teacher we will throw you a welfare party" Umm thanks... but maybe a farewell party would be better. Oh how I love them.

Leaving my students when I return home is going to be the hardest thing I've ever done. Not even exaggerating. I love them so much and I hope they know that. With that said if you are ever thinking about coming to Laos I have 81 reasons for you and my students are all of them.















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...